Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Better Me

I am a horrible blogger. I started this thing so that I would have a place to go when I was lonely. To express my thoughts, vent my frustrations, and keep myself occupied. Little did I know that school would keep me crazy busy during the week and that on the weekends I'd have nothing interesting to say!

Today Valli came down to do some shopping. I haven't been shopping in months so it was really nice to get out. I bought a few skirts and a cute top. How exciting! Is it terrible that I love to acquire new things? I hate that about myself and I'm trying to change it, but I don't see that happening right away.

My countdown calendar says 166 left. How awesome is that? I've already colored 6 boxes! I feel like I just made the countdown yesterday. Wonderful!

I've started reading a new book. It's called, "Become a Better You" by Joel Osteen. I'm hoping he'll help me dig deep into myself. I hope that I can start to understand who I am so that I can be a better me. I've heard good things about the book so we shall see how it goes!

4 comments:

Suburban Sweetheart said...

I get too busy to blog, too, which sucks because my blog was meant to be a quirky outlet... & now it sometimes feels like a chore!

I wish I weren't so obsessed with being materialistic, but I LOVE getting new things. Unfortunately, I am far too poor to afford very much. I need to move someplace where the rent isn't so ridiculous!

What's the countdown until?

tv said...

Keeping it positive on the blizzog!

Maybe you should compose a list of all the things you like about yourself. Or have Dan compose one. Ken says he likes that I sniff everything (like if I clean out my ear with a finger, I smell it) because he thinks you can find danger that way, so he's glad he has me. I can, essentially, smell danger. And even silly things like that make me feel good about myself. :-)

Ah, yes, the everlasting issue of materialism...we'll be chatting about it for a long time, cause I don't know where to draw the line!

Bev Gerard said...

Keep on reading! Joel Osteen can honestly shower us with ideas for self-preservation, self-realization, and pathways to inner-peace.

I have counted down those very same days. I do understand. Go forth, and enjoy and beautiful November.

~bev

Julia Aston said...

Hi! wanted to first say thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing your Christmas memories! and wish you good luck in the contest there....

I totally understand the no time issues! I'm up till 11 pm usually so I can stamp after work and supper and cleaning etc etc!

we always find time for the things that are important to us - so it will sort itself all out I'm sure!

have a great weekend!