Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I know...

I promised to write once Dan was gone, but I had no idea I'd be so busy/tired! I get home from work around 4ish and am exhausted. I spend about an hour on the couch catching up on Days and other shows from the night before. I cook dinner and eat and then grade papers or lesson plan. By the time I'm finished I shower, dry my hair, and fall asleep with a book in my hand. I also feel that I don't have much to talk about.

Dan left on Saturday morning. I dropped him off at the base airport. He flew onto the ship and won't be home until next Thursday or Friday. *sigh* another 2 weeks without my husband. On a positive note, we only have 4 more goodbyes in the Navy. I can count these on one hand and that it exciting. I made a countdown calendar as well. There are 171 blocks for me to color in. That's 171 more days/nights alone. Coloring in the blocks is amazing. (Can you tell I'm trying to be a more positive person??)

I haven't been able to stamp or scrapbook in a few weeks. Sad. I miss it and can't wait until I have time to create again.

That's it. See, I'm boring these days!

3 comments:

Judi said...

4 more goodbyes is NOTHING. You got this girl. Those long painful horrible goodbyes will be over before you know it. Stay positive.

mamitasalsita said...

great idea about the calendar! :-)

TheFamilyHolty said...

LOVE the calendar idea! You're almost done, sweetie!! =OD