Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Day at the Beach

My absolutely adorable nieces came to visit last weekend. Dan and I hadn't seen them since Thanksgiving (maybe Christmas...) so we were excited for them to come down. Laura is 6 (almost 7) and going into 1st grade. Linds is almost 4. They're little people now and it's amazing! I had a lot of fun playing with them and making yummy brownies:

A few times during their stay I had a wonderful maternal feeling. We were baking brownies together and it made me SO happy! I can't wait to have my own children to bake and cook with. What an amazing feeling.

We took them to the beach as well. You can't visit Virginia Beach and NOT go to the beach! This was Linds' first trip to the beach/ocean so I was excited to see her reaction. When we got to the beach she was SO excited. She kept clapping and giggling. She went to the water and did the same until a wave broke and came up to her. As the water was washing away it made her lose her balance and she face planted into the water. Needless to say, she was NOT happy and said she did not like the beach. This is how she spent the rest of the day:

And just for fun, a picture of my lovely husband:

3 comments:

tv said...

Awww, looks like you guys had fun. Sorry we missed it. :-(

Melissa said...

Looks like fun! I wish I was that close to the beach :)

amy said...

Hi! Hope you're keeping busy and getting lots done! Have you been scrapbookin'?

Wish we were back at the beach. :)
That was too fun! Miss you!